APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
Send a cover letter with your c.v. detailing all performance experience along with musical qualifications, institutions attended and teachers. Email this to
Deadline: Friday January 24th 2020.
You will be notified of an audition place. Auditions will take place on February 1st 2020 at NUI Galway. Venue to be confirmed
Preparation. Please see below under "your audition" for information on preparation.
Arrive early. A warm up area will be provided. You will be asked to play excerpts of prepared pieces. The audition will last no longer than 15 minutes.
To apply for an audition, send your c.v. to by clicking here:
or by post to Luminosa Music, Clooniffe, Moycullen, Co. Galway.
You must include your c.v. and a covering email letter.
Should you be offered an audition, these are the requirements: You will be asked to play three pieces of music...
Select two contrasting pieces of music to perform. These can be from your own repertoire and can be anything you think suitable.
These should be performed, unaccompanied.
Choose one of the following orchestral excerpts. Metronome markings are provided where necessary.
1. Mozart Symphony 39
4th movement - Exposition to letter A; or:
2. Elgar Enigma Variations -
1. Mozart Symphony 35 Presto
(mm 134-181); or:
2. Mendelssohn Ein Sommernachtstraum Scherzo
1. Mozart Overture to The Marriage of Figaro (mm 27-54); or:
2. Smetana Bartered Bride beginning until 5m after Reh A
1. Mozart- The Marriage of Figaro Overture beginning to letter A; or:
2. Beethoven -Symphony no 7, first movement beginning to rehearsal C
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PIECES FROM EITHER OF THESE LINKS: